The sample is evaporated and condensed under controlled conditions, and observations are made of the temperatures at which various percentages are recovered and/or the percentages recovered at specific temperatures.
Automatic Distillation Analyser 5000 Series
- Conforms to ASTM D86, D285, D4737 and related international specifications
- Pt-100 RTD probe with automatic temperature calibration system (°C or °F)
- Windows-based software package for PC control with LIMS export capabilities
- Automatic determination of initial boiling point (IBP), final boiling point (FPB), dry point and barometric and residue corrections
- Diagnostic system continuously ensures proper unit performance and user safety
- Automatic temperature and volume calibration
- Programmable distillation rate (2-15mL/min)
- Ready for distillation groups 1 - 4
- Networking for up to 32 units
- Powerful CFC-free cooling and heating system
- Receiver chamber heating system up to 60°C
- Precision level follower system with optical meniscus detector
- Integrated automatic fire extinguishing system with manual operation override
The Koehler Automatic Distillation Analyzer is designed to perform optimal distillation analyses of gasolines, fuels, oils, solvents, aromatics, napthas, kerosenes, hydrocarbons, and other volatile products to ensure conformity to rigid quality control standards. The analyzer automatically performs tests, processes results, and produces standard reports according to ASTM, ISO, and related specifications.
Two Models are Available
The Automatic Distillation Analyzer 5000 Series may be ordered for operation with an external PC (purchased separately) or may be ordered with a built-in PC, internal touch screen monitor, virtual keyboard and mouse. An easy-to-use Windows®-based PC communication software expands user capabilities for data analysis and unit control. Distillation methods and parameters can be easily created or modified. Software calculates repeatability and reproducibility as per ASTM D86 as well as standard and deviation against reference materials. Test results are displayed in real-time and can include distillation curve and temperature with or without barometric compensation and/or evaporation correction, distillation rate, heating power curve, master curve comparison, and zoom function for high resolution of heating and temperature curves. The heater compartment is rapidly cooled at the completion of a distillation run to reduce operator downtime. The analyzers are of rugged construction for instrument longevity with a modular design for easy routine maintenance.
Receiver Chamber Heating System
The receiver chamber heating system is ideal for samples that form waxes or other solids during distillation.
- Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D86, D285, D850, D1078, D4737; D189 Section 10; DIN 51751; ISO 3405; IP 123; IP 195; JIS K2254l; NF M 07-002
- Electrical Requirements :120V 60Hz 20A ; 230V 50/60Hz 10A
- Temperature - Distillation Range: 0 to 450°C (±0.1°C accuracy) ; Condenser: -5 to 60°C (±0.1°C accuracy) closed loop system ; Receiver Chamber: 0 to 60°C (±0.1°C accuracy)
- Distillation Parameters :
- Distillation Rate: 2 to 15mL/min in 0.1mL increments, user selectable
- Receiver Volume: 0 to 100mL (±0.01mL accuracy) by photoelectric infrared detection of meniscus by level following system utilizing a precision stepper motor and a special calibrated glass receiver; automatic calibration of evaporated loss volume and automatic volume calibration system ensures highest accuracy
- Barometic Pressure: Automatic barometric correction utility with automatic sensor, range 550 to 900 mm Hg (±1 mm Hg accuracy)
- Dry Point Detection: Automatic dry point detection board is included with standard equipment and only requires a dry point sensor, 200mL flask and PTFE plug for ASTM D850 and D1078 tests.
- Environment: Operates at 0 to 25°C (113°F)
- lxwxh,in.(cm): 21x21.5x27.75 (53.3x54.6x70.5)
- Net Weight: 230 lbs (91kg)
- Shipping Weight: 260 lbs (95 kg)
- Dimensions: 28 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote