Centrifugation provides a convenient means of determining sediment and water (content in crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillate fuels, and biodiesel. Also used in determining the precipitation number, demulsibility characteristics, trace sediments, and insolubles in used lubricating oils.
Automatic Heated Oil Test Centrifuge
- Choice of long, short, pear, or finger rotor assembly to accommodate corresponding centrifuge tubes
- Accommodates four (4) centrifuge tubes of 6 or 8" conical ASTM types, long, short, pear or finger tubes
- Automatic control of acceleration ramp, centrifugation speed, and timing functions.
- 4.1/2" LCD Touch Screen Control Panel
- Substantial Insulation for Reduced Heat Loss
- Precise balancing, Quiet Operation
- Large, clear, top opening lid
- Class 1, Division 2 explosion resistant rating
Fully automatic bench top centrifuge designed expressly for petroleum testing (applications. Features a 4.1/2" LCD touch screen control panel. This integrated touch screen can be used to turn the heat on and off, set the duration of the test, set the RCF/RPM values and choose the type of rotor assembly and corresponding glassware to be used during the test. The motor speed mechanism allows the user to simply set the desired speed and the instrument will attain that speed. This mechanism calculates RPM based on the given RCF and type of Rotor selected. The large, clear, top opening lid provides for easy access to the rotor and tube holders and for cleaning of the unit. The lid has a 18.1/2" diameter viewing window allowing the operator to view inside the chamber for checking the status of the rotor and checking for possible spillage of the centrifuge tubes. Moulded PTFE cushions provide for maximum protection and easy positioning of the tubes.
The Centrifuge comes equipped with a Safety Lockout Mechanism. Upon emergency shutdown the door is locked and cannot be unlocked until the unit comes to a complete stop, the unit is turned back on, and the stop/unlock key is pressed on the touch screen display. Furthermore, the centrifuge cannot start while the door of the chamber is open and the latch is not engaged. The "Nitrogen Purge" feature allows for a slow release of Nitrogen into the bowl of the centrifuge. This feature requires an external Nitrogen Gas source and can easily connect to an Inlet port located at the back of the unit
- ASTM D91, D96, D893, D1796, D1966 , D2273, D2709, D2711, D4007, D5546; IP 75, 145, 359; API MPMS Chapter 10.4, API 2542, 2548; ISO 3734;DIN 51793; NF M 07-020
- Capacity: Four (4) oil test centrifuge tubes: long (100mL), short (100mL), pear (100mL), or finger tubes (12.5mL)
- Maximum Speed: 2200 RPM
- Maximum RCF: 1327 (long); 1170 (short); 865 (pear-shaped)
- Timer: 0 to 999 min
- Set Speed: 200 - 2200 RPM
- Speed Readout: 0 - 2200 RPM
- Temperature Control: ambient to 93°C (200°F)
- Temperature Readout: Digital
- Brake: Automatic Dynamic
- 115V 60Hz, 10A ; 230V 50/60Hz, 5A
- lxwxh,in.(cm) : 23x30x13.1/2 (51x76x34)
- Net Weight: 93 lbs (42 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
- Dimensions: 11.2 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote