KV3000 and KV4000 Constant Temperature Baths with Integrated Digital Timing
- Microprocessor temperature control between ambient and 150°C (302°F)
- Integrated digital timing for easy measurement of sample efflux times
- KV4000 permits entry of viscometer constants for automatic calculation and display in viscosity units or seconds
- Dual digital displays show setpoint and actual bath temperature
- Selectable temperature scale - Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Integrated redundant over temperature and low liquid level cut-off circuitry
- Conforms to ASTM D445, D2170 and related specifications
Constant temperature bath series with advanced temperature control circuitry and integrated timing features for convenient, accurate glass capillary viscometry determinations. Microprocessor PID circuitry assures precise, reliable temperature control within ASTM specified tolerances throughout the operating range of the bath. Simple push-button controls and dual digital displays permit easy setting and monitoring of bath temperature. Two place calibration offset capability is provided. Baths accommodate seven glass capillary viscometers of various types - see pages 10-13 for complete selection. Viewing the viscometers is made easy by glare-free fluorescent illumination inside the bath and a baffle that provides a background for easy viewing. Temperature control uniformity is assured by means of motorized stirrer which provides complete circulation without turbulence. Connection of the built-in cooling coil to tap water or a recirculating water chiller facilitates temperature control at ambient or below ambient temperatures. Communications software (RS232, etc.) ramp-to-set, and other enhanced features are available at additional cost. Contact your Koehler representative for additional information.
Integrated Timing Features
KV3000 incorporates seven digital timers on the front control panel for convenient timing and monitoring of the efflux interval for each viscometer. On KV4000, the user can enter the viscosity constant for each viscometer on the front LCD control/display, and then get the test result in both efflux time and viscosity units automatically after stopping each timer. All timing functions are displayed in 0.01 or 0.1 second resolution and are accurate within 0.01%.
Bath Construction and Safety Features
Bath chamber is a clear Pyrex vessel enclosed in a polyester-epoxy finished steel housing. Top working surface has seven 2" (51mm) viscometer ports. Front viewing window assures safe, distortion-free viewing. Microprocessor temperature controller incorporates safety circuitry that interrupts power to the heaters in the event of an over temperature condition or disconnection of the primary probe. For added safety, an adjustable redundant controller with separate sensor probe interrupts power if an over temperature situation occurs. An integrated low-liquid sensor prevents operation of the bath if the bath liquid is not filled to the proper level, and cuts off power should it fall below during operation. Both over temperature and low liquid level circuits will latch and prevent further operation of the bath until the fault is removed.
- Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D445, D2170, D6074, D6158; IP 71, 319; ISO 3104; DIN 51550; FTM 791-305; NF T 60-100
- Temperature range: Ambient to 150°C (302°F); sub-ambient to 10°C with external cooling
- Temperature display : 0.1°C/0.1°F resolution, calibrate to 0.01°C/0.01°F
- Temperature control accuracy and uniformity : Exceeds ASTM requirements throughout the operating range
- Integrated timing KV3000: Seven individual start/stop timers with displays to 0.1 seconds, accurate to within 0.01%
- Integrated timing KV4000: Integrated LCD microcomputer with start/stop buttons and retention of viscometer tube constants, automatic calculation and display in viscosity units or seconds to 0.1s, within 0.01% accuracy.
- Communication: RS232 port included with KV4000 (optional for KV3000)
- Viscometer ports: Seven round 2" (51mm) ports
- Bath Medium: Water or suitable heat transfer fluid
- 12" Kinematic Viscosity Bath: - 20 1/4x15 1/4x24 1/2 (51x39x62) , Net Weight: 78 lbs (35.5kg)
- 18" Kinematic Viscosity Bath: - 20 1/4x15 1/4x30 1/2 (51x39x77) , Net Weight: 90 lbs (41kg)
- Bath Capacity: 12": 5.8 gal (22L) , 18": 8.9 gal (33.7L)
- Port covers, Delrin (7), Thermometer holder
Request A Quote