The Copper Strip Tarnish Test assesses the relative degree of corrosivity of petroleum products, including aviation fuels, automotive gasoline, natural gasoline, solvents, kerosene, diesel fuel, distillate fuel oil, lubricating oil and other products. A polished copper strip is immersed in 30mL of sample at elevated temperature. After the test period, the strip is examined for evidence of corrosion and a classification number from 1-4 is assigned based on a comparison with the ASTM Copper Strip Corrosion Standards. For aviation fuels and natural gasoline the sample tube is placed inside a stainless steel bomb during testing.
TEST BOMB BATHS
Thermostatically controlled water bath immerses Copper Strip Corrosion Test Bombs at the required depth per ASTM specifications. Use for testing aviation gasoline, aviation turbine fuel and natural gasoline. Fully insulated, double-wall stainless steel construction. Soxhlet reflux condenser and constant water level device maintain proper working depth. Choice of four-bomb and eight-bomb models. Optional removable test tube rack converts four-bomb model for testing of products not requiring corrosion bomb.
- Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D130; IP 154 FSPT DT-28-65; ISO 2160; DIN 51759; FTM 791-5325; NF M 07-015
- Testing Capacity - K25310/K25319: four (4) copper strip corrosion test bombs K25320/K25329*: eight (8) copper strip corrosion test bombs *or sixteen (16) test tubes with optional test rack (Catalog No. K25309) installed
- Maximum Temperature: 221°F (105°C)
- Temperature Control Stability: ±1°F (± 0.5°C)
- Heater Range: 0-750W
- Bath Medium: 5 gal (18.9L) water
- Temperature Control: Analog
- Electrical Requirements: 115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 7.5A 7nbsp; ; 220-240V 50/60Hz, Single Phase, 4A
- Rubber Stoppers for bomb openings (4)
- 4-bomb model: 12x10x21 (30x25x53); 8-bomb model: 16x11.1/2x21 (41x29x54)
- Net Weight - 4-bomb model: 18.1/2 lbs (8.4kg); 8-bomb model: 24 lbs (10.9kg)
Shipping Information (Shipping Weight, Dimensions)
- 4-bomb model: 41 lbs (18.6kg), 5.3 Cu. ft.
- 8-bomb model: 45 lbs (20.4kg), 5.5 Cu. ft
TEST TUBE BATH
Constant temperature bath immerses 17 test tubes for copper strip tarnish tests of products not requiring a test bomb, including: diesel fuel, fuel oil, automotive gasoline, Stoddard solvent, kerosene and lubricating oil. Microprocessor temperature controller has °C/°F switchable digital setpoint and display. Operator and equipment are protected by an over temperature control circuit which automatically interrupts power to the unit should bath temperature exceed a programmed cut-off point. Communications software (RS232, etc.), ramp-to-set and other enhanced features are available as extra cost options. Contact your Koehler representative for information. Welded stainless steel inner wall and powder coated steel outer wall construction with built-in support rack. Fully insulated.
- Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D130, D6074, D6158; FSPT DT-28-65; IP 154; ISO 2160; DIN 51759; FTM 791-5325; NF M 07-015
- Capacity: 17 test tubes
- Maximum Temperature: 190°C (374°F)
- Temperature Control Stability: ±1°C (±2°F)
- Heater Range: 0-750W
- Bath Medium: 5 gal (18.9L) water or high temperature heater transfer fluid
- Temperature Control : Digital
- Electrical Requirements: 115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 7.5A ; 220-240V 50/60Hz, Single Phase, 4A
- lxwxh,in.(cm): 15.1/2x12.1/2x14 (39x32x36)
- Net Weight: 27 Ibs (12.2kg)
- Shipping Weight: 45 Ibs (20.4kg)
- Dimensions: 12.8 Cu. ft
Request A Quote