Tests the ability of medium to high viscosity oils to separate from water when water contamination and turbulence are encountered. The sample is stirred together with distilled water for 5 min. at constant temperature. After a specified settling period, the degree of separation is measured by volume and the percentage of water in oil is determined. For lighter oils and synthetic fluids, the ASTM D1401 Water Separability Test is used.
- Conforms to the specifications of ASTM D2711
- Variable stirrer speed
- Choice of digital or analog bath models
Complete stirrer assembly per Fig. 1 and 2 of ASTM D2711, including variable high speed drive motor, stainless steel propeller shaft, top, center and bottom bearings, and steel motor housing with positioning plate. Entire assembly mounts vertically in K39190/K39199 Constant Temperature Bath. Built-in tachometer disc allows for precise stirrer speed adjustment.
Constant Temperature Baths
Standard model holds two K39103 Stirrers and two K39120 Separatory Funnels in proper alignment for demulsibility characteristics testing. Stirrers mount securely on a stainless steel support plate having brackets for testing and drainage positions. Separate motor speed controls are provided for each stirrer. All wetted parts are constructed of stainless steel.
Microprocessor digital temperature control with dual LED displays for setpoint and actual temperatures and an illuminated bath interior with window for viewing sample cylinders. Digital LED speed control is provided for each stirrer.
- Conforms to the specifications of : ASTM D2711
- Capacity: Two (2) sample-water mixtures
- Maximum Temperature: 212°F (100°C)
- Temperature Control: Microprocessor digital control with LED display
- Bath Medium: 9 gal (38.5L) water
- Electrical Requirements: 115V 60Hz ; 220-240V 50/60 Hz ;
- WxDxH in (cm) : 15.1/4x15x37(39x38x94)
- Net Weight: 72 lbs (32.6kg)
- Shipping Weight : 133 lbs (60.3kg)
- Dimensions: 25.4 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote