Provides an indication of shear stability of lubricating greases by testing the change in worked penetrations after two hours in the roll stability tester.
Roll Stability Tester
- Conforms to ASTM D1831 and related specifications
- Single, double and four-unit models
- Microprocessor programmable high accuracy temperature control
- High Temperature model
Roll stability apparatus for shear stability tests on lubricating greases. Rotates steel test cylinders at 10 or 165rpm in a thermostatically controlled environment at temperatures of up to 200°F (93.3°C). Drive system is powered by a rugged ratio motor, and interchangeable drive chain sprockets are easily accessible for converting unit to either operating speed. Microprocessor PID control provides quick temperature stabilization without overshoot and is protected by an over temperature control circuit that interrupts power should temperature exceed a programmed cut-off point. Dual LED displays provide actual and setpoint temperature values in °C/°F format. Communications software (RS232, etc.), ramp-to-set and other enhanced features are available as extra cost options. Contact your Koehler representative for information. A balanced cast aluminium fan and 1200W heater provide efficient, uniform heat distribution. A dial thermometer in the hinged cover displays chamber temperature. Heaters and drive chain mechanism are shielded for operator safety. Insulated steel cabinet and base are finished with a durable polyurethane enamel finish.
High Temperature Model
A high temperature model is also available that expands the temperature range to 320°F (160°C). Tests can be conducted using the high temperature model unit for time/temperature specifications beyond those listed in existing D1831.
- Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D1831, MIL-G-10924SA
- Maximum Temperature: 200°F (93°C)
- Temperature Control Stability : ±2°F (±1°C)
- Electrical Requirements: 115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 10.5A ; 220-240V 50Hz, Single Phase, 5.5A ; 220-240V 60Hz, Single Phase, 5.5A
- Test Cylinders with threaded end caps and O-ring seals Test Rollers, steel, 5kg
- lxwxh,in.(cm) - Single-Unit: 16 1/2x18 3/8x15 (42x47x38); Double-Unit: 161/2x183/8x15 (42x47x38); Four-Unit: 25x183/8x15 (64x47x38)
- Net Weight- Single-Unit: 98 lbs (44.4kg) , Double-Unit: 116 lbs (52.6kg) , Four-Unit: 187 lbs (84.8kg)
- Shipping Weight - Single-Unit: 142 lbs (64.4kg); Double-Unit: 175 lbs (79.4kg); Four-Unit: 270 lbs (122.5kg)
- Dimensions: Single-Unit: 7.7 Cu. ft., Double-Unit: 9.8 Cu. ft., Four-Unit: 16.6 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote