Various methods are available for testing the resistance to oxidation and/or the corrosiveness of lubricants, insulating oils, hydraulic oils and distillate fuel oils. The samples are subjected to a metered flow of air at elevated temperatures, sometimes in the presence of a metal catalyst. Each of the tests referenced on this page are also represented on other pages in this section of the catalog.
Air Release Value Apparatus
- Conforms to various ASTM, Federal and International Standards
- Removable racks hold different types of glassware for different tests
- Equipped with flowmeters or digital mass flow controls to measure and control the required flow rates
- Microprocessor digital temperature control
High temperature liquid bath for oxidation stability and corrosiveness tests at temperatures of up to 200°C. Available in different configurations for convertibility between several oxidation stability and corrosivity test methods including Cummins oxidation test. Removable rack/top plate assemblies remove and install with minimum effort to easily convert the bath between test methods. For most test methods, twelve sets of glassware can be accommodated in each rack assembly. Select flowmeters or digital mass flow control to maintain air flow at the required rates. Microprocessor PID control provides quick temperature stabilization without overshoot, and the bath is protected by an over temperature control circuit that interrupts power should bath temperature exceed a programmed cut-off point. Dual LED displays provide actual and setpoint temperature values in °C/°F format. Communication software (RS232, etc.) ramp-to-set and other enhanced features are available as extra cost options. Contact your Koehler representative for information.
- Conforms to the specifications of : ASTM D943, D2274, D2440, D2893, D4310, D4636, D4871**, D5968, D6594; DIN 51394, 51586, 51587; FTM 791-5307, 791-5308
- Capacity: Twelve (12) sets of glassware. For ASTM D5968, FTM 791-5307, and FTM 791-5308, only ten (10) sets of glassware.
- Temperature Range: Ambient to 200°C
- Temperature Control Accuracy: 0.2°F (0.1°C)
- Bath Medium: Silicone heat transfer fluid
- Flow Rate: As specified for ASTM or applicable specifications
- Electrical Requirements: 115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 27.3A ; 220-240V 50/60Hz, Single Phase, 14.6AA
- Bath (without glassware): 251/2x24x42(65x61x107)
Shipping Information (without glassware)
- Shipping Weight: 213 lbs (96.6kg)
- Dimensions: 29 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote