The ASTM D2265 dropping point test permits higher temperatures than the ASTM D566 method and uses a different heating procedure: the test cell is inserted in an aluminium block oven maintained at a constant temperature that is higher than the expected dropping point of the sample. The sample temperature then rises to the dropping point without operator control.
High Temperature Dropping Point Apparatus
- Conforms to ASTM D2265 and D4950 specifications
- Six-sample testing capability
- Microprocessor programmable high accuracy temperature control
Tests dropping points of lubricating greases at temperatures of up to 400°C (752°F). Includes thermostatically controlled aluminium block oven and six complete dropping point assemblies. Six-place oven has large viewing ports with fluorescent back-lighting for excellent visibility. Microprocessor PID control provides quick temperature stabilization without overshoot and the bath is protected by an over temperature control circuit that interrupts power should block temperature exceed a programmed cut-off point. Dual LED displays provide actual and setpoint temperature values in °C/°F format. Communications software (RS232, etc.), ramp-to-set and other enhanced features are available as extra cost options. Contact your Koehler representative for information. Microprocessor temperature control with digital readout and over temperature safety cut-off maintains block temperature with ±0.5°C stability. Insulated cabinet has a chemical resistant polyurethane finish.
- Conforms to the specifications of: AASTM D2265, ASTM D4950
- Maximum Temperature: 400°C (752°F)
- Control Stability: ±0.5°C (±1°F)
- Electrical Requirements: 115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 6.5A ; 220-240V 50/60Hz, Single Phase, 3.4A
- Dropping Point Assemblies (6) consisting of : test tube, grease cup, thermometer clamp, upper and lower bushings and bushing support ring, Thermometer Depth Gauge, Polished Metal Rod, Cup Support
- lxwxh,in.(cm) : 11 1/2x9x14 (29x23x36)
- Net Weight: 24 1/2 lbs (11.1kg)
- Shipping Weight: 31 lbs (14.1kg)
- Dimensions: 2.6 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote