Determines the tendency of finished oils to form coke when in contact with surfaces at elevated temperatures for short periods. A sample of oil is mechanically splashed against an aluminum test panel at elevated temperature. After a specified test period, the amount of coke deposited on the panel is determined by weight.
Panel Coking Test Apparatus
- Conforms to FTM 791-3462 specifications
- Suitable as a screening test prior to performing engine tests
Digitally controlled panel coking apparatus for finished lubricating oils, consisting of mechanical splasher, splash chamber and sample oil reservoir Test panel temperature and oil sump temperature are individually controlled by separate heaters with digital-indicating controllers. Mechanical splasher has a variable speed 0-1800rpm drive motor with digital indicating control. A high accuracy variable area flowmeter permits introduction of a corrosive acidic atmosphere to increase the severity of the test. Equipped with a digital countdown timer. Hinged safety cover has a port for fume removal and a safety interlock switch that interrupts power to the drive motor when the cover is lifted.
- Conforms to the specifications of : FTM 791-3462
- Maximum Temperature: Test Panel - 400°C (752°F) , Sample Oil - 210°C (410°F)
- Temperature Control: Separate controls for test panel and oil temperature, with digital °C/°F digital setpoint and display
- Splashing Rate: 0-1800rpm, with digital display
- Timer: 0-99.9 hr variable countdown
- Flowmeter Range: 0.2-1.0L/hr
- Oil Reservoir Capacity: 0.35 liters
- Electrical Requirements: 115V 60Hz, 8A ; 220-240V 50/60Hz, 5A
- Test Unit: 32x18x21 (81x46x53)
- Control Cabinet: 18x12x18 (46x30x46)
- Net Weight: Test Unit: 50 lbs (22.7kg) ; Control Cabinet: 25 lbs (11.3kg)
- Shipping Weight: 135 lbs (61.2kg)
- Dimensions: 26.7 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote