BVS5000 Programmable Brookfield Viscosity Liquid Bath System
- Sample soaking and testing in a single bath, eliminating the need for an air bath and the risk of sample temperature rise during transfer
- Redesigned for improved control of sample movement and handling during testing
- Microprocessor PID temperature control duplicates the sample cooling rates in ASTM D2983
- Up to 40 cooling/testing temperature profiles can be stored in memory
Redesigned programmable baths with improved features for sample handling and testing. Bath accommodates 10 samples for Dynamic Viscosity testing. Sample cells are immersed in a liquid bath for the entire soaking and testing period, eliminating the need to transfer cells from an air bath to a liquid bath with insulated balsa wood carriers. Also eliminated is the inherent risk of sample temperature rise during transfer. The programmable microprocessor PID controller stores up to 40 temperature profiles that duplicate the sample cooling rates found in ASTM D2983. Steady state temperature accuracy and uniformity exceed ASTM requirements throughout the operating range from ambient to -55°C. Air-cooled hermetic compressors provide efficient operation with the use of CFC-free refrigerants.
The mounting position for the Rotational Viscometer has been changed to permit easier access to the samples and viscometer controls. Cabinet has a front window and glare-free fluorescent lighting for distortion free viewing of the sample cells. Cabinet construction is polyester-epoxy finished steel with a chemical-resistant composite top surface. A removable insulated cover with handle is included. Bath rests on adjustable leveling feet. Safety features include a probe fault detection circuit in the primary temperature controller and a redundant latching controller and probe for temperature fault protection.
- Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D2983 - Note 2 and Note 10; IP 267 Method B; CEC-L-18A-30; ISO 9262
- Sample capacity: 10 samples
- Temperature control: Microprocessor PID digital-indicating programmable controller with ±0.05°C steady state stability
- Operating Range: ambient to -55°C
- Electrical Requirements: 220-240V 50 or 60Hz, Single Phase, 12.6A
- lxwxh,in.(cm) : 41x34x38 (104x86.5x96.5)
- Net Weight: 327 lbs (148.5kg)
- Shipping Weight : 497 lbs (226kg)
- Dimensions : 41.5 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote