Determines the 'carbon residue' left after evaporation and pyrolysis of a sample oil in the Ramsbottom furnace, providing an indication of the deposit forming tendencies of fuels and guidelines for the processing of refinery products.
Ramsbottom Carbon Residue Apparatus
- Conforms to ASTM D524 and related specifications
- Microprocessor temperature control with digital display and over temperature cut-off. Thermostatically controlled coking furnace for five samples. Cast-iron block type furnace reaches the standard test temperature of 550°C (1022°F) rapidly and controls with ±1°C stability. Microprocessor temperature control has °C/°F switchable digital setpoint and display. Operator and equipment are protected by an over temperature control circuit which automatically interrupts power to the unit should block temperature exceed the programmed cut-off point. Communications software (RS232, etc.), ramp-to-set and other enhanced features are available as extra cost options. Contact your Koehler representative for information. Heavily insulated stainless steel cabinet with three-layer refractory top provides excellent heat retention.
- Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D524, D6074; IP 14; ISO 4262; FTM 791-5002; NF T 60-117
- Furnace Type: Cast iron block
- Capacity: 5 coking bulbs
- Maximum Temperature: 650°C (1200°F)
- Controller Sensitivity: ±1°C (± 2°F)
- Heater: 0-2400W, ceramic band heater
- Electrical Requirements : 115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 20.8A ; 220-240V 50/60Hz, Single Phase, 10.9A
- lxwxh,in.(cm) : 16x21.1/2x14.1/2 (41x55x37)
- Net Weight: 64 lbs (29kg)
- Shipping Weight:78 lbs (35kg)
- Dimensions: 8.2 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote