Determines a lubricant's ability to prevent rusting of metal surfaces. Suitable for steam turbine oils, gear oils, hydraulic oils and other types of inhibited mineral oils. A steel test specimen is immersed in a heated mixture of sample oil and water which is stirred continuously during the test. After the test period the specimen is examined for rusting. The standard (ASTM D665) method uses a vertical specimen; the 'horizontal disc method' (ASTM D3603) uses both horizontal and vertical test surfaces.
Rust Preventing Characteristics Oil Bath
- Conforms to ASTM D665, D3603 and NACE TM-01-72* specifications
- Accommodates six sample beakers
- Microprocessor programmable high accuracy temperature control
Constant temperature bath with stirrers for rust preventing characteristics tests. Stirs sample-water mixtures at 1000rpm and controls temperature with ± 0.5°C (± 1°F) stability. Immerses test beakers at the proper depth per ASTM specifications.
Microprocessor PID control provides quick temperature stabilization without overshoot, and the bath is protected by an over temperature control circuit that interrupts power should bath temperature exceed a programmed cut-off point. Dual LED displays provide actual and setpoint temperature values in °C/°F format. Communications software (RS232, etc.), ramp-to-set and other enhanced features are available as extra cost options. Contact your Koehler representative for information.
Stainless steel stirrer paddles are driven by a ball bearing type motor through an improved pulley drive-roller bearing arrangement. Paddles can be raised and lowered for placement of sample beakers in the bath. Includes test specimens, holders and beaker covers for ASTM D665 or D3603 testing (see specifications and ordering information). Stainless steel bath includes perforated support shelf for beakers and two-position cover plate that adjusts for either ASTM D665 or D3603 testing. Long-lasting polyester drive belt improves reliability. Drive train components are protected by a removable steel guard. All exterior surfaces have stainless steel or chemical resistant polyurethane enamel finishes.
- Conforms to the specifications of : ASTM D665, D3603, D6158; NACE TM-01-72*; IP 135; ISO 7120; DIN 51355**, DIN 51585; FTM 791-4011, 791-5315**; NF T 60-151
- Testing Capacity: Six (6) 400mL sample beakers
- Maximum Temperature: 104°C (220°F)
- Temperature Control Stability: ±0.5°C (±1°F)
- Drive Motor: 1/12hp induction motor
- Bath Medium: 11 gal (41.6L) white technical oil
- Ambient Temperature: Max. 35°C
- Relative Humidity: Max 80%
- Heater Power: 420W
- Electrical Requirement : 115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 13.0A ; 220-240V 50 or 60Hz, Single Phase, 6.8A
ASTM D665 Models (K30160, K30165, K30166)
- Steel Test Specimens (6)
- Type 2 Plastic Specimen Holders (6)
- Plastic Beaker Covers (6)
ASTM D3603 Models (K30161, K30167, K30168)
Horizontal Disc Test Assembly (6) consisting of:
- plastic beaker cover
- horizontal test specimen
- vertical test specimen
- fluorocarbon washer
- plastic cap
- stainless steel support rods and hardware
- lxwxh,in. (cm) : 32.3/4x14.1/4x27 (83x36x69)
- Net Weight : 79 lbs (35.8kg)
- Shipping Weight: 150 lbs (68.0kg)
- Dimensions: 16.2 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote