Salt content is determined by measuring the conductivity of a solution of crude oil in a polar solvent when subjected to an alternating electrical current and is obtained by comparison of the resulting conductance to a calibration curve of known salt mixtures.
Electrometric Salt Determinator
- Conforms to ASTM D3230 and IP 265 test specifications
- GOST certified
- Measures salt content, conductance, and temperature of crude oil samples, and pH measurements of aqueous samples
- Measures Salts Concentration in the range of 0 to 150 PTB (lb/1000 bbl)
- Portable for field or laboratory testing with up to 8 hours of continuous operation from internal Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries
- 18-bit analog-to-digital converter for high precision
- 24Kb RAM dedicated for data storage (about 500 test results)
- Data can be uploaded in a comma delimited format to a PC with easy to use Windows® 2000/XP/Vista - based software via an RS232 serial data port
Determines the salt content, conductance, and temperature of crude oil samples according to ASTM D3230 and IP 265 specifications. Utilizes the latest low-voltage, synchronous detection technology for conductivity measurements and a high-accuracy thermistor array to measure sample temperature. Automatically calculates salt concentration directly from acquired temperature and conductivity values. Measures conductivity over four ranges 0-2, 2-20, 20-200, and 200-1500 mS with automatic range selection. Self-calibration feature allows operator to adjust for any drift without re-entering standard temperature curves. Complete data storage of test results which is limited only by the hard drive capacity of external PC. Easy-to-read alpha-numeric display shows any four of the following parameters at one time as chosen by the operator: salts, conductance, conductance @ 25°C, pH, pH millivolts, temperature (°C or °F), internal and external battery voltages, date, time, logging ID, and ID increment value.
- 115V 60Hz 220-240V 50/60Hz
- lxwxh,in.(cm) : 9x4.25x2.5 (23x10.8x6.5)
- Net Weight: 2 lbs (1kg)
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs (2.75kg)
- Net Weight: 1.5 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote