Determines the time required for 60mL of sample to flow through a calibrated orifice under precisely controlled conditions. Saybolt Universal Seconds (SUS) is the standard measurement for lubricants, insulating oils and lighter fuel grades, and Saybolt Furol Seconds (SFS) is used for heavier oils and bitumens.
SV3000 Saybolt Viscosity Bath and New SV4000 Saybolt Viscosity Bath for Automatic Viscosity Timing
- Microprocessor control of temperature between ambient and 240?C (464?F)
- Four tube capacity
- Dual digital displays show setpoint and actual temperature
- Selectable temperature scale - Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Automatic timing option for simplified, accurate measurement of efflux times
- Conforms to ASTM D88, D244, E102, and related specifications
Constant temperature bath with available automatic timing feature for viscosity determinations using Saybolt viscometer tubes and orifices. Microprocessor PID circuitry assures precise temperature control within ASTM specified tolerances throughout the operating range of the bath. Simple push-button controls and dual digital displays permit easy setting and monitoring of bath temperature. Two place calibration offset is provided. Accommodates four viscometers and four 60mL receiving flasks. Sliding draft shields and a chemical-resistant alignment plate facilitate handling of the flasks, and glare-free fluorescent back-lighting is provided for easy viewing of the samples. Communications software (RS232, etc.) ramp-to-set, and other enhanced features are available at additional cost. Contact your Koehler representative for additional information.
Automatic Timing Option : At the push of a button, the automatic timer starts the sample flow, senses the 60mL end point, and digitally records and displays the efflux time in 0.1 seconds resolution with an accuracy of 0.05%. Automatic timing improves testing accuracy and convenience, eliminating the chain and cork assembly and the need to manually time each sample. Timer installation is available in any configuration from 1 to 4 positions.
Bath Construction and Safety Features : Insulated bath interior is constructed entirely of heavy gauge stainless steel. A built-in overflow pipe and drain valve simplifies filling of the bath fluid to the proper level. Chemical resistant top plate provides excellent insulation and is easily removed to allow for cleaning of the bath interior. A cooling coil for tap water or refrigerated coolant is provided for operation at near-ambient temperatures. Steel cabinet has leveling feet and a chemical resistant polyurethane-epoxy finish.
- Conforms to the specifications of ASTM D88, D244, E102; AASHTO T72; FTM 791-304
- Capacity: 4 viscometer tubes
- Temperature Range: ambient to 464?F (240?C)
- Temperature Stability: ?0.05?F (?0.03?C)
- Bath Capacity: 5 gal (19L)
- Recommended Bath Medium: water or suitable heat transfer fluid
- Electrical Requirements: 115V 60Hz, single phase, 12.3A , 220-240V 50/60Hz, single phase, 6.4A
Cleaning Plunger, Oil Strainer, Tube Nut Wrench, Port Closures, Chained Corks, Withdrawal Tube, Orifice Wrench, Port Covers, Thermometer Supports
- lxwxh,in.(cm) : 29x25x33 (74x63 1/2x84)
- Net Weight: 65 lbs (29 1/2kg)
- Shipping Weight: 82 lbs (37kg)
- Dimensions: 10 Cu. ft