Water Washout Characteristics of Lubricating Greases
- Conforms to ASTM D1264, D4950 and related specifications
Rotates a lubricated ASTM ball bearing at 600rpm in a modified bearing/housing assembly while impinging the bearing with a jet of water at the specified flow rate and temperature. The tared bearing and bearing shields are weighed before installation in the bearing housing and again after testing and drying to determine the amount of sample loss. Consists of reservoir, bearing housing, circulation system and drive motor. Reservoir is equipped with cartridge heater, thermoregulator and thermometer port for accurate temperature control at 100°F and 175°F (38°C and 79°C) per ASTM specifications. Circulation system includes constant velocity carbon bearing gear pump, valves and flowmeter directing a controlled water flow to a capillary (1mm) spray nozzle aimed at the bearing housing. Rugged 1 /3hp drive motor rotates test bearing at 600rpm while driving the circulation pump. A two-pulley system permits independent pump operation to circulate water while heating it to test temperature. Mounted on a finished steel base with locating feet for permanent benchtop placement.
A grease sample is packed in a ball bearing and subjected to a steady water stream under controlled test conditions. The percentage of grease washed out in a one hour period is determined by weight.
- Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D1264, D4950; IP 215; FTM 791-3252
- Drive Motor: 1/3hp 1725rpm
- Temperature Control: ±1°F (±0.5°C) sensitivity
- Electrical Requirements: 115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 10.1A 220-240V 50Hz, Single Phase, 5.1A 220-240V 60Hz, Single Phase, 5.1A
- Ball Bearing (2) , Drive Train Guard , Acrylic Reservoir Cover , Outer Bearing Shield , Inner Bearing Shield , Test Bearing
- 18x12x18 3/4 (46x3Ox48)
- Net Weight: 67 lbs (30.4kg)
- Shipping Weight: 102 lbs (46.3kg)
- Dimensions: 6.7 Cu. ft.
Request A Quote