The TE-BBR SD is a thermoelectrically-cooled bending beam rheometer for testing flexural creep of asphalt binders from ambient to –40 °C (±0.03 °C). A crack seal option provides for low temperature characterization of crack seal “creep” under load for 0.5” thick specimens.
The TE-BBR SD meets or exceeds ASTM, AASHTO, and SHRP provisions for flexural creep testing of asphalt binders, including ASTM D6648, AASHTO T 313, SHRP Binder Provisions.
Common applications include flexural creep of asphalt binders and low temperature characterization of crack seal under load.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Precise, Repeatable Results
- Meets or exceeds ASTM, AASHTO, and SHRP requirement for low temperature flexural creep testing of asphalt binders including ASTM D6648 and AASHTO T 313
- Instrument sample supports feature specimen support strips 3 mm ±0.30 mm in top radius
- Temperature range: ambient to −40 °C.
- Temperature stability: ±0.03 °C with resolution to ±0.01 °C.
- Resolves specimen beam deflection to 0.155 µm (1550 Å)
- Resolves force to within 0.147 mN (0.015 g)
Reliable and Versatile Performance
- Instruments installed and in operation in asphalt testing labs throughout the world
- Performance verified through ASTM round-robin testing
- Pneumatic pressure regulators allow operator to adjust pressure on main input line, air bearing, and load shaft support
- Capable of measuring specimen beam loads from 0 g to 450 g
- Instrument provided with factory-calibration in an ISO 9001-registered laboratory
- Digital thermometer and probe included with instrument purchase, along with a one year warranty
Simple, Automated Testing
- Easy-to-use Windows®-based operational software (included) controls the entire testing process and provides a visual display of stress and strain
- Simple data transfer via USB interface
- Reports and graphs can be printed on any Windows compatible printer
Compact, self-contained unit
- TE-cooled with solid-state Peltier elements. Requires no pressurized coolants (a separate air-water heat exchanger is included) and is environmentally friendly
- An integrated, self-contained bath cools using methanol or ethanol as the bath medium
Control Unit: 49.9 kg (110 lb)
|METHOD||ASTM D6648, AASHTO T 313|
|DIMENSIONS (W X D X H)||
Control Unit: 73.7 cm × 71.1 cm × 55.9 cm (29 in × 28 in × 22 in)*
|SHIPPING DIMENSIONS (W X D X H)||
Control & Load Units: 101.6 cm × 81.3 cm × 121.9 cm (40 in × 32 in × 48 in)
|SHIPPING WEIGHT (WITH ALL ITEMS)||136.4 kg (300 lb)|
|MAXIMUM THROUGHPUT||6 results per hour|
|TEMPERATURE RANGE AND ACCURACY||Ambient to −40 °C (±0.03 °C stability; ±0.01 °C resolution)|
|OPERATING CONDITIONS||15 °C to 30 °C, 10% to 75% relative humidity (non-condensing), Installation Category II, Pollution Degree 2|
|ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS||120 Vac, 50/60 Hz; 240 Vac, 50/60 Hz; 1800 watts power consumption|
|COMPLIANCE||CE Mark; EMC directive (2004/108/EC); Low voltage directive (2006/95/EC); HI-POT (1900 Vdc, 60 sec.); ROHS|
|FLEXURAL CREEP STIFFNESS RANGE||20 MPa to 1 Gpa|
|SAMPLE SUPPORTS||Specimen supports strips 3 mm ±0.30 mm in top radius|
|BATH VOLUME||5 L (1.33 gal)|
|SAMPLE DIMENSIONS||12.7 mm × 6.35 mm × 127 mm (0.5 in × 0.25 in × 5 in)|