The SentinelPro is a class-leading dynamic image analyzer that is ideal for applications where particle shape, not just the particle size, may be critical information for predicting raw material quality and to maintain a high level of process control.
Particle morphology provides important information regarding the physical shape properties of your sample. It has been shown that shape can affect flowability, dispersion, packing density, segregation, aggregate formation, and microstructure character.
The fully automated SentinelPro is a well-suited research grade instrument or for use in a full production environment where speed, accuracy, and ease of use with its Pass/Fail shape control limits feature can be utilized.
Principles of Operation :
Particles are suspended in a flowing stream, backlit by a high speed, Xeon strobe and then photographed by a high-resolution digital camera at up to 127 frames per second. Individual particle images are viewed directly and captured as a video file for post-run processing.
The dynamic turbulent flow path provides a three-dimensional, random orientation, direct view of the moving particles within the sensing zone. Dynamic imaging provides greater particle detail regarding convexity, sphericity, symmetry and aspect ratio when compared to static imaging.
SentinelPro Unique Design Benefits :
- High speed, 127 frames per-second rated Digital Camera, with up to 5 Mpix resolution, captures live images of thousands of particles.
- More than 30 shape parameters are recorded, including circularity, ellipticity, opacity, mean diameter, smoothness, aspect ratio, fiber length and many more
- All analyzed particles have thumbnail images saved for post-run viewing and shape analysis, both in grey scale and binary views.
- Ability to compare different analysis via histogram overlays for all analyzed shape parameters
- Scatter plot correlates two shape measurements and can be utilized as a process quality control criterion as an at-line application within unit operations.
- Unique and powerful software permits the user to simplify data processing to a pass/fail reporting or choose to extend data analysis to a full suite of post processing image and shape analysis reports.
- Multi-Run sample trending - Statistical Process Control capability and ability to track shape changes over user defined time intervals.
- Instrument Qualification feature includes NIST standards and detailed Quality Assurance documentation.
Dynamic Image Analysis
A recirculating liquid system transports the suspended sample through the analysis cell where a CCD camera takes an image of the particles, converts the image to a digital format, and sends the information to the software for final analysis in real time.
Shape Model Descriptions :
Circle Models :
- Equivalent circular area diameter
- Equivalent circular perimeter diameter
- Bounding circle diameter
- Mean radius diameter
Rectangle Models :
- Bounding rectangle length, width
- Bounding rectangle aspect ratio
Fiber Models :
- Fiber length, width
- Fiber aspect ratio
- Fiber curl
Ellipse Models :
- Equivalent elliptical area, width, length
- Bounding ellipse width, length
- Elliptical aspect ratio
Polygon Models :
- Polygon order
- Interior angle
Irregular Models :
- Feret length, width
- Feret aspect ratio
- Surface uniformity
Pixel Intensity :
- White Fractions
Request A Quote